Prog Level_ERCI

Foundation Certificate in Business Administration (TEACH-OUT BY JAN 2018)


The purpose of offering this programme is to provide students strong foundation in English and Business before embarking on higher learning programme course. This course is designed to offer critical fundamental knowledge in business studies and also aims to equip students with the right perspective into using English in business environment. Our key objective is to allow students to apply entry to various Universities around the world.

ERCI runs its classes on a lecture-tutorial system. The average teacher-student ratio for lectures and tutorials are as follows:

  • Lectures – 150 Students to 1 Lecturer
  • Tutorials – 35 Students to 1 Tutor
Academic Progression


Course Delivery

Students undertaking the Foundation Certificate in Business Administration programme will be expected to complete 3 modules of academic study over 2 semesters. This programme is available on full time basis, and will take 4.5 months to complete. Full-time students will attend classes 5 days a week on weekdays.

Course structure
Course Modules
ERCBA 701 Research and Study Skills
ERCBA 702 Math & Statistics
ERCBA 703 Fundamentals of Management

Module Descriptions

This subject provides an introduction of a variety of study skills and a basic understanding of the research process. It aims to expose participants to various methods of learning and knowledge retention. Participants have the opportunity to learn how to enhance their reading and note- taking skills, how to deliver a presentation and understand the key components of a report.

This course provides a foundation in mathematics to a non-mathematical person and some basics statistics. The students will be introduced to the general principles and given a chance to work with the actual numbers as the essential part of the learning process.

This subject provides an introduction to concepts and foundations of management. Participants will be introduced to the theory and practice of business management and to consider the contemporary applications of management ideas. Content consist of the role of the Manager, including Planning and Decision Making, Leadership and Motivation, Organizing, Control/Power, Group Dynamics and Organizational Culture.

Course Availability

Intakes for the Foundation Certificate in Business Administration commences at an interval of every 2 - 3 months. All applications should be submitted to ERCI no later than 2 months before the commencement.

Assessment Framework

Courses are assessed by a combination of coursework, practical assignments and examinations. Unless otherwise stated, all modules within the Foundation Certificate in Business Administration programme are assessed based on the 30% Exam component with the rest of the 70% based on individual assignments, class tests, quizzes and group assignments.

Entry Requirements
Programmes English Language Requirements Academic Requirements Remarks
Foundation Certificate in Business Administration
  • IELTS 4.5 or regional equivalent or;
  • TOEFL 475 (Paper based) or equivalent or;
  • TOEFL 53 (Internet Base) or equivalent or;
  • TOEIC 405-600 or;
  • Evidence of completion of a certificate course conducted in English
  • GCE 'N' Levels Technical, Normal or Academic or;
  • Less than 3 GCE 'O' Level credits or regional equivalent, or;
  • Minimum Year 9 Studies or equivalent.
  • Applicants should be at least 15 years of age at the time of registration

All applications are subject to the Institute’s assessment of eligibility for entry into the programme.

Graduation Requirements

Students must pass all prescribed modules in the Foundation Certificate in Business Administration programme with a minimum grade of P (Pass).

Course Fees

For a full listing of course fees and other charges, please select one of the following:

Fees Payable for Local Applicants
Fees Payable for International Applicants

Request for more information

By submitting your contact details, you have given your consent for a ERCI representative to contact you regarding your request.
Please wait...