The purpose of offering this programme is to provide students strong foundation in English and Business before embarking on higher learning programme course. This course is designed to offer critical fundamental knowledge in business studies and also aims to equip students with the right perspective into using English in business environment. Our key objective is to allow students to apply entry to various Universities around the world.
The Foundation Certificate in Business Management is designed to enable students to attain the basic thinking skills, creative ability, and technical knowledge in areas such as Business Research and Statistics, Economic Principles, Business Management, Ethics and Sustainability, Business Reports and also to develop students’ ability to understand and use the English language effectively. In addition, students will learn to be flexible and sensitive to the dynamic changes in business trends and also the needs of their industry.
ERCI runs its classes on a lecture-tutorial system. The average teacher-student ratio for lectures and tutorials are as follows:
Students undertaking the Foundation Certificate in Business Management programme will be expected to complete 7 modules of academic study. This programme is available on both full and part time basis, and will take 12 months and 18 months respectively to complete. Full-time students will attend classes 5 days a week on weekdays, while part-time students will attend classes 2 times a week on weekdays and/or on weekends.
|Module 1: English Beginner Level (144 Hours) => [60 Credits]|
|Module 2: English Pre-Intermediate Level (144 Hours) => [60 Credits]|
|Module 3: English Intermediate Level (144 Hours) => [60 Credits]|
|Module 4: Business Research and Statistics (36 Hours) => [15 Credits]|
|Module 5: Economic Principles (36 Hours) => [15 Credits]|
|Module 6: Business Management, Ethics and Sustainability (36 Hours) => [15 Credits]|
|Module 7: Business Reports (36 Hours) => [15 Credits]|
Intakes for the Foundation Certificate in Business Management commences at an interval of every 2 – 3 months. All applications should be submitted to ERCI no later than 2 months before the commencement.
Courses are assessed by a combination of coursework, practical assignments and examinations. Unless otherwise stated, all modules within the Foundation Certificate in Business Management programme are assessed based on the 30% Competency-Based Assessment with the rest of the 70% based on individual assignments, class tests, quizzes and group assignments.
Local Singaporean/PR Student
Students must pass all prescribed modules in the Foundation Certificate in Business Management programme with a minimum grade of P (Pass).
For a full listing of course fees and other charges, please select one of the following:
By submitting your personal information above, you have given your consent for a ERC Institute representative to contact you on offers, promotions and information for ERC Institute programmes.
Yen has a proven track record in various key business development & marketing roles involving evolution and change management. Her pilot roles in various media organisations of Cable TV (Singapore Cable Vision), Regional TV (MTV), Internet Advertising (China.com) and Digital Music (Soundbuzz & Motorola) at their nascent stages is a testimonial of her experience and expertise of driving businesses whilst embracing new technology. Her acumen and passion are evidenced in multiple “first to market” products and projects she has been involved in cutting across from media to digital products. Always pushing the concept of creative solutionism while building strong relationships with customers has translated to dynamic growth for the various companies. Being an ardent believer in change management to stay on top of ever changing economies, her current role as Group Chief Executive Officer of ERC Holdings sees interesting forays leveraged on her experience.
We will keep in touch with you soon after submitting the below form.
By submitting your personal information above, you have given your consent for a ERC Institute representative to contact you on offers, promotions and information for ERC Institute training room rental.